Application Processing Times
Processing times are based on the date the Board receives the application. The Board is unable to respond to status checks, if the minimum processing time has not elapsed. Applicants who have not received correspondence within the processing times stated below, should refer to the Board’s Contact Us page to submit an inquiry.
The Board recommends to applicants seeking verify that the Board has received documents and/or payments, to mail these items with a tracking number, or delivery confirmation method. Applicants may also verify payment processing through their financial institution.
Please allow a minimum of 30 business days for processing following applications:
- IMF/ASW/PCCI Registration Applications (includes IMF/PCCI In-State and Out-of-State)
Applicants may verify registration issuance by using Breeze License Verification to look up their information. The certificate should arrive by mail within 2-3 weeks of issuance.
- IMF/ASW Subsequent Registration Applications
- LMFT/LCSW/LPCC Request for Initial License Issuance
Applicants may verify registration issuance by using Breeze License Verification to look up their information. The certificate should arrive by mail within 4-6 weeks of issuance.
Please allow a minimum of 60 business days for processing the following applications:
- LCSW Examination Eligibility Application Packet*
- LMFT Application for Licensure and Examination In-State and Out-of-State)*
- LPCC Application for Licensure and Examination In-State and Out-of-State)*
- Registrant Request for Initial Law and Ethics Exam (all license types)**
- LMFT Request for Initial Clinical Exam**
- Request for Re-Examination**
(*) Applicants will receive correspondence by mail, regarding the evaluation of supervised experience.
(**) Applicants will be notified by email, when PSI receives eligibility information. PSI will also send a candidate handbook.