California Board of Behavioral Sciences
The BBS is responsible for consumer protection through the regulation of Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT); Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW); Licensed Educational Psychologists (LEP); Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCC); MFT Interns (IMF); Associate Clinical Social Workers (ASW); and Professional Clinical Counselor Interns (PCCI) in the State of California. It is one of the boards within the California Department of Consumer Affairs.
- The Board of Behavioral Sciences is recruiting licensees to serve as Subject Matter Experts to participate in written examination development workshops.
- The New BreEZe Online Licensing and Enforcement System is here!
- Notice to Licensees Regarding Changes for Retired Licenses
The Governor recently signed AB404, which was a Board-sponsored bill related to retired licenses. This bill reduces the timeframe that a retired licensee has to decide to reinstate his or her license to active status.
- Examination Restructure Information
- New LMFT Requirements
- Information for Military Personnel and Their Spouses/Domestic Partners
- Potential License Denial or Suspension for Failure to Pay Taxes
Translate this site:
This Google translation feature is provided for informational purposes only as DCA is unable to guarantee the accuracy of this translation. Please consult a translator for accuracy if you are relying on the translation or are using this site for official business.
- What's New!
- Board Meetings
- Board Performance Statistics
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Consumer Complaint Form
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Frequently Asked Questions
- License Verification
- Pending Decisions and Opportunities for Public Participation
- Recommended Links
- Statutes and Regulations
- Subscriber List