California Board of Behavioral Sciences
The BBS is responsible for consumer protection through the regulation of Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT); Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW); Licensed Educational Psychologists (LEP); Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCC); MFT Interns (IMF); Associate Clinical Social Workers (ASW); and Professional Clinical Counselor Interns (PCCI) in the State of California. It is one of the boards within the California Department of Consumer Affairs.
- Information for Military Personnel and Their Spouses/Domestic Partners
- Potential License Denial or Suspension for Failure to Pay Taxes
- Notice to All Licensees/Registrants: Changes to Advertising, Supervision, and Continuing Education Effective April 1, 2013
- The Board is suspending the current LPCC MFT GAP examination in order to conduct further quality assurance of the items. A new examination form will be available at a later date. We apologize for any inconvenience. Candidates concerned about their eligibility expiration date should contact the Board via the BBS Webmaster with the following in the subject line "LPCC MFT Gap Exam Eligibility Concern".
- Examination Restructure Information
- Online applications and payments coming soon!
- New LMFT Requirements - Click Here!
- Application Processing Time Frames for LCSW, LEP, and LMFT
Translate this site:
This Google translation feature is provided for informational purposes only as DCA is unable to guarantee the accuracy of this translation. Please consult a translator for accuracy if you are relying on the translation or are using this site for official business.
- What's New!
- Board Meetings
- Board Performance Statistics
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Consumer Complaint Form
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Online License Verification
- Pending Decisions and Opportunities for Public Participation
- Recommended Links
- Statutes and Regulations
- Subscriber List