Licensed Educational Psychologist (LEP) Written Examination
- The LEP Written Examination is administered by the testing vendor, Pearson Vue.
- The exam fee is included.
- Your Application for Licensure must be approved by the Board to receive authorization to take the LEP Written Examination.
- Your name on file with the Board must match the name on your current government issued photo ID. A middle name is not required and will not be used for entrance to the exam site. If the first, last, or suffix do not match, you will need to complete a Name Change request.
Testing accommodations will be provided to qualifying candidates who have a disability, a medical condition, or when English is their second language (ESL). Accommodations will NOT be provided unless prior approval is obtained.
You may apply for accommodation prior to gaining eligibility to take an examination; however, the approved accommodation may not be valid for the entire exam eligibility period. It is recommended to apply when submitting your Application for Licensure. If the accommodation expires prior to your approved exam eligibility end date, you will need to reapply for the accommodation.
Pearson Vue will provide an accommodation approval letter by e-mail with specific direction on how to schedule your exam with the approved accommodation. Do not schedule your exam until you receive notification of an approved accommodation.
To request ESL accommodations, you must submit the application and required documentation as indicated in the application below. Allow 90 days for processing.
All testing sites are physically accessible to individuals with disabilities, and certain types of comfort aids are allowed as listed on Pearson Vue’s website. All other accommodations for disabilities or medical conditions require pre-approval by Pearson Vue. For full details visit:
INITIAL LEP Written Exam
Once your Application for Licensure has been evaluated and approved, you will be notified by Pearson Vue that you are eligible to take the LEP Written Exam.
IMPORTANT—Exam Testing Deadline:
You MUST take the exam within one year of your initial approval date to maintain your licensure application eligibility. If you miss the deadline, your licensing file will be closed and you will have to submit a new fee, application for licensure, and meet all requirements in place at the time of reapplication. This may also result in a loss of some previously approved experience.
LEP Written RE-EXAM
You may submit your Re-Exam application any time after attempting the exam. However, your eligibility will not be sent to Pearson Vue until the required 180-day waiting period from your last exam attempt has elapsed.
- LEP Written RE-EXAM Application - ONLINE in your BreEZe account (For fastest processing). Select the application under MANAGE YOUR APPLICATION section.
- Manual LEP Written RE-EXAM Application submitted by mail (4 to 6 week processing time).
IMPORTANT—Re-Exam Testing Deadline:
You MUST retake the exam within one year of a failed attempt to maintain your licensure application eligibility. If you miss the deadline, your licensing file will be closed and you will have to submit a new fee, application for licensure, and meet all requirements in place at the time of reapplication. This may also result in a loss of some previously approved experience.
For exam questions or issues, click here to Message the Board and choose Exam Questions.